Q: Do I need to make an appointment for a language assessment or referral?
A: Yes, please contact LARC Saskatoon at 306-651-5272 and LARC Regina at 306-525-5272 or drop by in person to schedule an appointment.

During the booking, a staff member will ask you some questions in order to determine your service needs.

Q: I need to cancel/reschedule my appointment. What should I do?
A: Please contact the LARC at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment in order to cancel.

Q: I missed my appointment. What should I do?
A: Please contact the LARC to reschedule your appointment.

Q: Who is Eligible for an assessment at the LARC?

  1. Permanent Residents 18 years and over
  2. Convention Refugees

Q: What documents can I use to prove that I am a Permanent Resident?

  1. Permanent Resident Card AND
  2. Confirmation of  Permanent Residence (landing paper)
  3. *Official Letter of Decision  from the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, determining that the claimant is a Convention Refugee

*For Convention Refugees only

Q: Who is not Eligible for an assessment at the LARC?

  1. Canadian Citizens
  2. Work Permit Holders
  3. Visitors
  4. Refugee Claimants
  5. Children and Youth under 18 years of age

* If you are not eligible for an assessment at the LARC, you may contact the Newcomer Information Centre in Saskatoon OR the Newcomer Welcome Centre in Regina for other options.

Q: Does the assessment certificate expire?
A: Yes, the Assessment Report expires one year after the date of the assessment.

Q: How often can I be assessed?
A: After the Assessment Report expires (after one year) AND one year after exiting the LINC Program (if applicable).

*If it has been less than one year and you wish to study English, you may contact the LARC for a referral to a federally funded language class. You will not have to write another test.

Q: I do not want to go to English class, can I still get an assessment?
A: No, you musts register for a LINC class following your assessment.  Please contact the LARC office to inquire about other options.

Q: Can I use my LARC Assessment Report to apply for Citizenship?

A: No, Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requires other documentation for Citizenship applications.

For more details, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#language

Q: Does the assessment or referral cost money?
A: No, our assessments and referrals are FREE of charge.

Q: Do the English classes cost money?
A: No, the LINC classes are free because they are funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Q: When should I come for my appointment?
A: You should arrive for registration at least 15 minutes before your scheduled test time.

Q: How long will the assessment/test process take?
A: The assessment/test process could take up to 2 hours.

Q: I have children. Can I bring my children to my appointment?

A: The LARC offers childminding services for children ages 6 months to 12 years. Please contact the LARC for more details on the available times.

Q: What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?
A: We require documentation on Proof of Permanent Residence. This is a Government of Canada issued document. You must bring your landing papers and your Permanent Residence card.

If you have attended a federally-funded language class (LINC) within the past year, please bring your official LINC Exit Form that states the following information: entry date, exit date, and the CLB levels you achieved at time of exit.